Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"stuff"

I (like so many other people I know in the same industry) spend so much time looking at other designs and other peoples things thinking how cool it is and how I want to make things as cool as that and how boring my life sometimes is and how I need more money, more time, more creative input.

But then I had a change in my thought pattern, I looked at my toilet and thought.. Wow, I have a really cool toilet, because I live in an old house and its painted, and I think some other people might also think so if they could just see it. So I thought, for this whole month I'm going to look at my life in a different way... take a new look at the things I take for granted and maybe for a change inspire someone else.
In other words, I'm going to post a pic of something in my life every day of June. Do the same if you want, you dont have to post it anywhere but you can just make an effort to see the interesting things in your life and maybe write it down or take a pic on your phone.

I have no idea why this popped into my head. But I remembered this scene from The Devil Wears Prada and took the positive from it. This is my interpretation. Everything in your life that you see as mundane or boring or just not important was actually design by someone somewhere and it IS important and it does matter, even though you might not be aware of it.







ps. I'll post my pic for the day a bit later.

1 comment: